The Wreck of The Molly Jones
April 28, ‘04
- at Midnight, LKAB teleports from the dragon’s lair to the town square of Cullenshole
- sleep at “3 Hooks and a Nail”
- LKAB & Godforge go to the start of The Sparrow’s Reach and start running
- they fight with Sahuagin
- the Knave checks out the rowboat containing Carter before investigating The Molly Jones
- start to force a trap door into the main cabin open, but stop after hearing Molly’s voice
- LKAB, Clanom, the Knave, & Godforge fight one Sea Lion
- LKAB, Clanom, the Knave, Godforge, & Daush Grey fight two Sea Lions
- Godforge casts Remove Fear on LKAB when he saw Seraphina
- busting a hole in the side of The Molly Jones to attack Seraphina
- stop busting a hole in the side of The Molly Jones at Molly’s request
- Aladdin uses Polymorph Self to fly party back to Cullenshole
April 29, ‘04
- Aladdin uses Lightning Bolts to drive Seraphina out of the bilge
- LKAB uses the Door to stay in the Kingdom while Lighting Bolts are being shot
- Aladdin uses Unseen Servant to open the Door when the time was right
- Aladdin uses Invisibility to keep Seraphina from “deadly glancing” at her attackers
- Aladdin uses Invisibility to add backstabbers to the room
- The Dwarves pound with rocks on the side of The Molly Jones to hide the sounds of the backstabbers’ footsteps
- Aladdin uses Polymorph Self to escape the Shambling Mounds and fly back
April 30, ’04
- Aladdin uses Polymorph Self to fly to The Molly Jones
- The party releases the spirits of Molly, Desmond, & their crew
- Search of the vessel turns up the following:
- chart of the Archipeligo that leads to the Isle of Wight
- +1 Cutlas
- +1 Dagger
- Camouflage Armor – given to the Knave
- 1 small urn of bluish coral (not yet Identified) – carried by Aladdin
- 1 small urn of greenish coral sealed with Hold Portal with the command phrase: “Oh blah Dee, Oh Blah Dah, Life goes on” (contents magical, but unrevealed) – carried by Aladdin
- one vial of glowing liquid (“Tears of Poseidon”: 6 drops/doses for 1 hour each of water breathing) – carried by Aladdin
- Since they died of plague, Desmond & Molly’s bodies are put in wooden coffins. They are moved to the Kingdom in preparation for their return to their original church.
- LKAB, Godforge, & some Dwarves go to the skiff & wait for the tide to come it.
- While rowing back, they come across The Vicky Gale, which gives them a lift. The lookout sees Ik Kil, the Red, flying by.
- Get to Cullenshole. Tell the tale of finding The Molly Jones.
- Hear the gossip. Some trader’s found two heads on spears. One was the thief who stole the Life Spark Sword who was with the Tattoo’d Man (found one week ago). The other was found a week earlier. Looks elf-like with a raven that won’t leave.
- Aladdin goes to see the elf-like head, which turns out to be the head of Balelakai. His raven familiar looks on mournfully. Aladdin buys the pickled head so that Speak with Dead can be cast upon it.
- Aladdin and Godforge discover they are being tailed by Quisod, the Tattoo’d Man, and request a parlay. He agrees and they meet at “Three Hooks & a Nail”. Meet Thefey Inheart.
- He explains he has been Geas’d by the Druid Lich retrieve the Life Spark Sword from Clanom and return it. Quisod is planning on “taking his time”. He says he has seen the body of what he believes to be the fallen Dwarven Chieftain of the Dithedine of Mafic in the hanging vines at the top of Broinn na Máthar. If it is his body then the Life Spark weapon of Mafic should be there as well. He also tells what he knows about the Horned Man and how the two of them killed balelakai. He wants the party to kill the Lich so he is no longer Geas’d.
- Quisod also explains he and the thief had been hired by The Horned Man (also called “The Collector”) to steal the Life Spark Sword. When they rendezvoused with him, the thief did not want to give up the sword, so the Collector beheaded him in a single swing using the sword he had collected from Balelekai. He also reveals another thief was contracted to steal some sword from the kingdom of the LKAB but never returned. Quisod suspects he was going to be contracted to find that thief and the sword he stole .. or… steal the sword he failed to steal from the fountain of youth.
- Aladdin recruits his first student of his wizarding school (a sea-faring dwarf called Leo) from Dakota to help cast Identify on the booty from The Molly Jones (see above).
May 1, ‘04 (early morning)
- A nightly security report from the LKAB’s kingdom reveals a “zombie” has arisen from the town graveyard and breathed a noxious gas on two townsfolk. It could not be turned. It eventual climbed a tall tree and the townspeople set the tree on fire, destroying the “zombie”.
- LKAB orders a quarantine facility be built outside of town with a perimeter fence. The cells are flammable. He also orders the families of the “infected” be guarded until further notice and placed on house arrest (quarantine).
- Turns out the “zombie” is the buried body of Carter, the treasure hunter found near The Molly Jones a few days earlier and put through the tapestry door to the kingdom. He had died from some incurable illness and was given by the dwarves to the townspeople to bury, which they did.
- Aladdin casts Identify on one of the urns found in The Molly Jones. As he spends the day recovering, plans begin for the return to Broinn na Máthar.