Broinn na Máthar

Broinn na Máthar

Also known as “Womb of the Mother”, Broinn na Máthar, is a vast cave of tremendous height (est 1300’) where once the great druidic council met to discuss the state of the world. The cave is the home of millions of tiny glowing bugs that, with the bio-luminescent fungi, illuminate the interior. the floor of the cave is a vast pristine forest. There is a single stream that runs through it and it encircles a stone temple of intricate design. The temple has no walls, only the stone pillars holding up the dome ceiling. Inside the temple are a series of concentric rings of stone chairs. Each ring represents descending levels of the druidic order. Inter-spaced with the three primary chairs are three chairs for the three tribal leaders of The Dithedine. A variety of flying creatures live in the walls of the cave.

A sacrificial alter of some type can be found about 1/3 of the way up one side of the cave. There can be found two massive stone doors. Through those doors is a smaller cave with a lake. Using that lake one can find an adjacent cave. This is the lair of the dreaded Ik Kil, the red dragon.

No magic items work within the walls of Broinn na Máthar.

Can be reached via Sparrows’ Reach at times of extremely low tide. Special magics must be used to enter and exit the caverns.

Currently the domain of Druid Lich.

Broinn na Máthar

Cranenthaul ChetErez