- ~1200 square miles of forest.
- Bordered on the right by the east head of the Black River
- Within the woods are a number of creeks and streams but no major water sources. There are numerous small lakes and ponds.
- The north is inhabited by a variety of humanoids of the Orc or Orgre variety, all of which reside in the mountains.
- The southern mountains are peaceful and atop the highest mountain, Rara Avis, in the Monastary of 1000 Steps, are the Desciples of Demonstradum.
- The west is bordered by the vast plain where there is a good deal of wild life. It’s major inhabitant is Paul Bunyon, the giant. Bunyon’s home marks the entrance to a large valley in the mountains. A place somewhat camparable to Yosemite Valley in its spendor. A nice vacation spot.
- There are a variety of inhabitants in the woods themselves, though most beings of the evil sort have been chased out to the north. There can still be found a few, scattered nasties.
- Due to its tropical nature there are the usual dangerous, natural predators; tigers, carniverous apes and such.
- Towards the north there is the occasional wandering hill giant.
- There are quite a few varieties of spiders, again towards the north, that aren’t much trouble since they usually stay put.
- Stirges can be found fairly often at night, but pose little threat once you know where and when they attack.
- There is the occasional giant frog or toad towards the east along the river and near ponds/lakes.
- Major carnivores are a troll that’s seen every once in a while and a wyvern family.
- The regular, friendly, inhabitants are Emricol’s elven family (husband & wife and 2 kids, a boy and girl), and a ranger (who recently lost his brother). There is also a hidden pond where fairie folk (pixies, sprites, brownies, and leprchauns) resdie in peace.